- Cholesterol is a waxy, fat-like substance found in your body and many foods that you eat. Too
much cholesterol can build up in your arteries and put you at risk for heart disease and stroke.
- High cholesterol normally does not have symptoms. This is why you should have your cholesterol
checked on a regular basis.
- A simple blood test, called a lipid profile, can be performed to determine your cholesterol. A
desirable cholesterol level for an adult is below 170 mg/dl.
How To Lower Your Cholesterol??
- Eat more fresh fruits, fresh vegetable, and whole grains.
- For adults, getting at least 2 hours and 30 minutes of moderate activity a week
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Do not smoke or quit smoking if you do smoke
Don’t be fooled, children and adolescents can have high cholesterol as well. Make sure to watch what foods your children are eating on a regular basis.
Cholesterol Improvement 2017