April 6, 2017 is National Alcohol Screening Day
- Drinking too much alcohol increases people’s risk of injury, violence, drowning, liver disease and some types of cancer.
- Encourage friends and family members to make small changes, like keeping track of their drinking and setting drinking limit
If you are drinking too much, you can improve your health by cutting back or quitting. Here are some strategies to help you cut back or stop drinking.
- Limit your drinking to no more than 1 drink a day for women and 2 drinks a day for men.
- Keep track of how much you drink.
- Choose a day of the week when you will not drink.
- Don’t drink when you are upset.
- Avoid places where people drink a lot.
- Make a list of reasons not to drink.
If you are concerned about someone else’s drinking, please offer to help them. Also remember to talk with your children about the effects on alcohol consumption.
Alcohol Awareness 2017